Saturday, June 11, 2011

6.11.11

Lectio: Jn 20.19-23

"And when he [Jesus] said this, he breathed on them and said to them, ‘Receive the holy Spirit’.” Jn 20.22

"O God, You know our needs and You are so generous in responding to them.
I remember Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to His disciples that first Easter Sunday evening and they in turn have given us the Holy Spirit through Baptism and Confirmation down through the ages as part of Your plan for us.

Grant that I may be ever grateful for Your Spirit’s presence in my life.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the Holy Spirit - Breath of God, River of Living Waters, Tongues o Fire, a Dove, a Mighty Wind - source of love, strength, and wisdom. Resolve to pray always to the Holy Spirit and invite Him into my daily life and all my real needs will be met.

Tomorrow’s reading: Mt 5.38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment