Thursday, June 2, 2011

6.02.11

Lectio: Jn 16.20-23

"You will grieve, but your grief will become joy.” Jn 12.20b
"O God, You alone can bring joy out of grief.

I remember Jesus promised this would happen - How? His message: “I am the resurrection and the life, all those who believe in me even though they die, shall live and I will bring them to eternal life.” Jn 11.25
Grant that I may see death for what it is - the door to Jesus’ place and life everlasting and then the grief that occurs over the death of my loved ones will become joy.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on grief and its impact - It is a major emotional downer. Only Christ’s promise of resurrected life makes it otherwise. Focus on the joy that my loved one who has died is now experiencing rather than the loss I am now feeling and Jesus’ words will come true for me for my grief will become joy.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 16.23b-28

No comments:

Post a Comment