Monday, June 27, 2011

6.27.11

Lectio: Mt 8.23-27

"The men were amazed and said, ‘What sort of man is this, whom even the winds and sea obey’?” Mt 8.27

"O God, what power You bestowed upon Your Son.
I remember that at His rebuke, the winds and sea became calm - how awesome!
Grant that when I am in dire straits to remember You are there with me so that I may have calm despite the turmoil and You will bring me safely to Your home.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on my trust in God - The God I believe in is so powerful that He was able to bring order out of chaos at the beginning of creation. Because He is so powerful and because He loves me and cares for me, I can and I must always put my trust in Him by putting my trust in Jesus.

Tomorrow’s reading: Mt 16.13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment