Friday, June 10, 2011

6.10.11

Lectio: Jn 21.20-25

"Jesus said to him [Peter], ‘What if I want him [John] to remain until I come? What concern is it of yours? You follow me’.” Jn 21.22

"O God, Your ways are at times so mysterious and are not for us to know.
I remember Jesus told Peter it was not his concern whether John would remain until Jesus came again.

Grant that when I am anxious about things I do not understand, to simply follow Jesus despite my lack of understanding and do so especially when times are dark and unsettling.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on my inquisitiveness - Do I let go in the face of imponderables or do I persist? Resolve to trust God in all things and especially at such times when I cannot understand the ‘Why?’ for He alone knows all things and even brings good out of bad.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 7.37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment