Friday, June 3, 2011

6.03.11

Lectio: Jn 16.23b-28

"Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give to you.” Jn 16.23b

"O God, You are the source of all good for us.

I remember Jesus said that if we ask for anything in His name, You would give it to us - How generous and gracious.

Grant that I may only ask what will unite me with You and Your Son for that is the best of all gifts.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the prayer of petition - Jesus’ declaration seems absolute - Ask, and I will receive - But it is not. A good father will never give his child something that he knows is not good for his child. Jesus also told us that His Father loves us and He certainly will act in our best interest even if we do not ask. But He wants us to ask so that we are mindful of the source of all that is good that we receive so that we in turn will know He loves us and we will return that love.

Tomorrow’s reading: Mt 28.16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment