Thursday, June 9, 2011

6.09.11

Lectio: Jn 21.15-19

"He said to him a third time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love me?’ Peter was distressed that he said to him a third time, ‘Do you love me?’ and he said to him, ‘Lord, you know everything, You know that I love you,.’ [Jesus] said to him, ‘Feed my sheep’.” Jn 21.17

"O God, You are so kind and merciful,
I remember Jesus not only gave Peter the opportunity to make up for his threefold denial with a threefold protestation of Peter’s love for Him, But He also appointed Peter head of His church to bring others to Him - Wow!

Grant that I may always rejoice in Your mercy and turn to You whenever I fail, knowing You are waiting for my return.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on God’s mercy - unending, unconditional, solicitous, inviting - Resolve to always give thanks to God for being so merciful, a God, whom one can count on His love, and One who is not a “Gotcha God” - a God that is not waiting to zap you as soon as you fail.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 21. 20-25

No comments:

Post a Comment