Sunday, June 5, 2011

1.05.11

Lectio: Jn 16.29-33

"I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” Jn 16.33

"O God, You know we are anxious about many things - but that is not Your will for us.
I remember Jesus declared to His disciples that they would have trouble after He died but to have courage for He is the source of peace for them.

Grant that when I am anxious and worried, to turn them over to Lord with trust and I can then let go of them.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on what causes me to worry or to be anxious - Isn’t at the heart of it my desire to be in control? Resolve to let God be God and remember He is in charge and I can trust in Him to do what is best for me and for those for whom I am concerned.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 17.1-11a

No comments:

Post a Comment