Monday, August 13, 2012

8.13.12 Lectio: Ez 2.8-3.4 Meditatio: "He said to me, Son of man, eat what is before you; eat this scroll, then go, speak to the house of Israel.” Ez 3.1 Oratio: " O God, You continuously send Your wishes to us through Your prophets. I remember You sent Your prophet, Ezekiel, to speak to Your chosen people the words You gave Him to devour so that he would speak what You wanted said and not what he might want to say. . Grant that I may fulfill the prophetic role You gave me at my baptism and especially do so with the life I live. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "eat the scroll;” God’s words; to take inwardly and make part of you; in prayer seek the grace to make the practice of daily scripture part of my spirituality so that my daily example may reflect the word of God and others may be open to it. Tomorrow's reading: Rv11.19a; 12.1-6a,10ab

No comments:

Post a Comment