Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8.28.12 Lectio: 2 Thes 3.6-10,16-18 Meditatio: "In fact, when we were with you, we instructed you that if anyone was unwilling to work, neither should that one eat.” 2 Thes 3.10 Oratio: " O God, laziness offends You and industriousness pleases You. I remember Paul declared to the Thessolonians that if they did not work, they should not eat - in short, a lazy person should not be considered a responsibility of the faith community. Grant that I may always use the talents that I have been given so as to please You and not be a burden on others. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "unwilling”; able but no; obstinate; in prayer thank God that the work He gives me is the work He wants me to do for Him and for others and may I always be willing to do so. Tomorrow's reading: 1 Cor 1.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment