Monday, August 20, 2012

8.20.12 Lectio: Ez 28.1-10 Meditatio: "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre: Thus says the Lord God: Because you are haughty of heart, you say, ‘A god am I! I occupy a godly throne in the heart of the sea!’ - But you are a man and not a god, however you may think yourself a god.” Ez 28.2 Oratio: " O God, how patient and tolerant You are of our foibles. I remember the prince of Tyre proclaimed himself a god because he was so successful. Grant that all may always remember all I have are Your gifts to me and may I use them for the purposes for which You gave them to me and with a grateful heart. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "haughty heart”; prideful; a capital sin because it can lead one into major sin like it did the prince of Tyre; in prayer ask for a humble, contrite and grateful heart as a safeguard against pride and its sinful ways. Tomorrow's reading: Ez 34.1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment