Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8.08.12 Lectio: Jer 31.31-34 Meditatio: "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after these days, says the Lord. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be me people." Jer 31.33 Oratio: " O God, You continually reach out for us despite our obstinacy. I remember Your prophet, Jeremiah, declared a new covenant. You will make it with us on a tablet of stone but You will write it on our hearts. In prayer thank God for covenanting with us so we would intuitively know You and Your will and ever love, serve and praise you. O God, You are always there I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "covenant," a solemn agreement; God as the offeror and we as the offeree; the consideration - God will be our God, we are to be His people and must love and serve Him. In prayer thank God for implanting His covenant on our hearts and then give Him the praise, love and worship He is due. Tomorrow's reading: 2 Cor 9.6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment