Thursday, August 9, 2012

8.09.12 Lectio: 2 Cor 9.6-10 Meditatio: "Each must do as already determined, without sadness or compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Cor 9.7 Oratio: " O God, You want us to be generous and give from the heart to those in need. I remember Your apostle, Paul, wrote that You love a cheerful giver. Grant that I may use my gifts, my time, my talent, my treasure, with a generous and grateful heart. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "give from the heart;" from compassion, from love, without compulsion; in prayer ask for the grace of a truly generous spirit and then to act in all situations in that spirit. Tomorrow's reading: Hb 1.12-24

No comments:

Post a Comment