Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8.21.12 Lectio: Ez 34.1-11 Meditatio: "...Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who have been pasturing themselves! Should not shepherds , rather pasture sheep?” Oratio: " O God, so often we forget why we are here - to do our part to build up Your kingdom here on earth and one day to be with You forever. I remember the leaders of Israel forgot their roles of shepherds and looked out only for themselves - how sad for both the sheep and the shepherds! Grant that I may be mindful of the role You want of me and grant me the grace to do it both willingly and joyfully. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "shepherd”; person in charge, a mom, a dad, a teacher and the like. In prayer ask for the grace to discern God’s will for me and then to do it willingly and with love. Tomorrow's reading: Ez 36.23-28

No comments:

Post a Comment