Monday, August 6, 2012

8.06.12 Lectio: Jer 30.1-2,12-15,18-22 Meditatio: "You shall be my people, and I will be your God.” Jer 30.22 Oratio: " O God, You punish us out of justice and You relent out of mercy. I remember You punished Your chosen people by allowing the Babylonians to take them away from their native land in captivity; but then Your prophet, Jeremiah, was sent by You to assure them that You would restore them to their land and You would be their God - how kind and merciful of You. Grant that I may willingly forgive those who offend me for that is the least that I should do if I want to call You, ‘Abba’! I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "my people”; the Chosen People of Israel; the Jewish people; in prayer thank God for sending us His Son and for expanding the people He now claims as His own, all those who follow His Son; in prayer thank God for his mercy and kindness that He extends to me and to my loved ones. Tomorrow's reading: Jer 31.1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment