Thursday, August 2, 2012

8.02.12 Lectio: Jer 261-9 Meditatio: "When Jeremiah finished speaking all that the Lord bade him speak to all the people, the priests and prophets laid hold of him, saying, ‘You must be put to death’.” Jer 26.8 Oratio: " O God, You often speak to us by various means for our good but we often do not listen. I remember the response of Your chosen people to Jeremiah’s message from You was to seize him and call for his death - how tragic! Grant that my heart may be always open to the prophets in my life and that I may be pro-active in my response. I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "laid hold”; to seize, to capture; in prayer thank God for the many prophets He sends for our good; and may I have the gift of discernment to recognize the voices of Your prophets and respond to them. Tomorrow's reading: Jer 26.11-16,24

No comments:

Post a Comment