Friday, March 5, 2010

3/05/10

Lectio - Lk 15.1-3, 11-32

Meditatio: “So he got up and went back to his father. While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.” Lk 15.20

Oratio: "O God, you rejoice when the lost come to their senses and return to you.

I remember Jesus told the parable of the prodigal son to show how compassionate you are to sinners who return - embracing them, kissing them and having a party for them.

Grant that I may respond with compassion to those who offend me for that is most pleasing to you.

I ask this of you, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will treat others with compassion and especially those who are offensive.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 13.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment