Monday, March 8, 2010

3/08/10

Lectio - Mt 18.21-35

Meditatio: “Jesus answered, ‘I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times’.”
Mt 18.22

Oratio: "O God, you are so merciful and forgiving.

I remember Jesus told a parable about a king forgiving a servant a huge debt simply because he asked him to give him more time - and that king was you.

Grant that I may imitate you and readily forgive others who hurt me even if they hurt me seventy-seven times.

I ask this of you, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will forgive anyone who hurts me even if hey do ask for my forgiveness.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 5.17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment