Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3/23/10

Lectio - Jn 8.31-42

Meditatio: “ Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me’.” Jn 8.42

Oratio: "O God, why are we so slow to believe?

I remember your Son spoke plainly to the Jews that you were his Father and you sent him; but they put him to death.

Grant that I may ever rejoice in the sonship you bestowed on me at baptism and reflect it in how I live.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will keep uppermost in my mind what it means to be your child.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 1.26-38

No comments:

Post a Comment