Monday, March 29, 2010

3/29/10

Lectio -Jn 13.21-33, 36-38

Meditatio: “So he (Judas) took the morsel and left at once. And it was night.” Jn 13.30

Oratio: "O God, why do you put up with our fickleness - our willingness to trade lasting freedom for short term, temporal gains?

I remember your Son’s closest disciples betrayed, denied or abandoned him that first Holy Week; and Judas did so after sharing with your Son the bitter herb dipped in salt at their Seder meal - which should have been a clear reminder to Judas of your bringing the chosen people out of the bitterness of slavery.

Grant that I may always receive the Eucharist with devotion and become and live what I eat.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will receive the Eucharist with deep appreciation of Christ alive in me.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 26.14-25

No comments:

Post a Comment