Sunday, March 7, 2010

3/07/10

Lectio - Lk 4.24-30

Meditatio: “Again there were many lepers in Israel during the time of Elisha the prophet; yet not one of them were cleansed; but only Naaman, the Syrian.” Lk 4.27


Oratio: "O God, all that we receive from you is gift.

I remember Jesus made this clear when he told the Nazarenes that Elijah and Elisha, two great prophets, worked miracles for foreigners who were non-believers and not for the Israelites.

Grant that I may always ask you for what I think I need knowing whatever I receive is pure gift to which I have no claim.

I ask this of you, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will express my gratitude to those who are gift to me.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 18.21-35

No comments:

Post a Comment