Monday, November 15, 2010

11/15/10

Lk 19.1-10

Meditatio: “But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord, ‘Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor, and if I have extorted anything from anyone, I shall repay it four times’.” Lk 19.8

Oratio: "O God, all things are Yours - yet You give them to us freely.
I remember Zacchaeus, the tax collector of Jericho, showed the right attitude towards wealth, an attitude that must have made You so happy, for he would give half of it to the poor.

Grant that I may imitate Zacchaeus and I, too, will find that in giving I am richer as a result.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my attitude towards my possessions. Am I generous or am I attached to them so that I am miserly? Pray for the attitude of Zaccaheus.
Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 19.11-28

No comments:

Post a Comment