Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lk 19.41-44

Meditatio: “As he drew near, he saw the city and wept over it.” Lk 19.41

Oratio: "O God, our actions at times breaks Your heart.
I remember Jesus wept when He saw Jerusalem on His final trip there for He knew their rejection of Him would lead to such disaster for them.
Grant that I may be a cause of joy for You by doing Your will in all things.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the times I caused heart break to God and ask for His forgiveness and look for the opportunity today to do something that will bring Him joy.
Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 19.45-48

11/18/10

Lk 19.41-44

Meditatio: “but they could find no way to accomplish their purpose because the people were hanging on his words.” Lk 19. 48

Oratio: "O God, Your words are spirit and truth.

I remember the Jewish leaders could not find any way to put Jesus to death because the people were ‘hanging on his words.’

Grant that I may always be attentive to Jesus’ words found in Scripture and allow them to be effective in me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect - ‘Am I hanging on’ to every word of Jesus; or am I selective? Resolve to 'hang' on to his words for they have the power to bring me to my heavenly home.
Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 20.27-40

No comments:

Post a Comment