Thursday, November 25, 2010

11/25/10

Lk 21.29-33

Meditatio: “When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know summer is near.” Lk 21.30

Oratio: "O God, You give us the ability to know and to think for ourselves about the end times and the second coming of Jesus.

I remember Jesus used the metaphor of the buds of the fig tree bursting open and its obvious meaning to stress that his disciples will be able to recognize from the signs of the times that His second coming is at hand.

Grant that I may live each day as it were my last so that I will be ready to meet the Lord when He comes at the end of time or at the end of my life time.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect - Am I at this very moment ready to meet the Lord? If not, take immediate steps to be ready and with a humble and contrite heart ask the Lord for his forgiveness and his mercy knowing in faith He will readily grant it for He is full of gentleness and compassion.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 21. 34-36

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment