Tuesday, November 9, 2010

(I was out of the country and in Sweden these past 7 days for a baptism of my great grandson, Alex.)n

11/09/10

Lk 17.11-19

Meditatio: “The he said to him, ‘Stand up and go; your faith has saved you’.” Lk 17.19\

Oratio: "O God, You desire a one on one relationship and You do not condemn us because of the actions of the group of which we are a part.

I remember Jesus made this clear when He told the only leper of the ten whom he cured and who returned to thank Him to ‘Go, your faith has saved you.’\

Grant that I may always have a good influence on the group(s) to which I belong.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the groups in which I participate. Does the herd instinct govern or does selfless love govern its actions? If the former, work to eliminate the herd influence on your actions by asking, ‘Is love my guide.’

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 17.26-37

No comments:

Post a Comment