Monday, November 22, 2010

11/22/10

Lk 21.5-11


Meditatio: “There will be powerful earthquakes, famines, plagues from place to place, and awesome sights and mighty signs will come from the sky.” Lk 21.11

Oratio: "O God, there will be an end of time as we know it - but when?

I remember Jesus told us not to be deceived by those who tell us the end of time is near for when it is, there will be unmistakable and powerful signs that is it about to happen.

Grant that I may keep my focus on the end of my own life time and each day strive to walk in the ways of the Lord.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the second coming of Christ and the end of time. If I knew it was to happen tomorrow, what would I do today? Resolve to do it.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 21.12-19

No comments:

Post a Comment