Sunday, November 21, 2010

11/21/10

Lk 21.1-4


Meditatio: “He said, ‘I tell you, this poor widow put in more than all the rest’.” Lk 21.3

Oratio: "O God, paradoxically at times little is more than much in Your eyes.

I remember Jesus noticed a poor widow putting two small coins into the Temple treasury and He declared that she put in more than all the rest that day. How? Her giving was from a heart full of love and sacrifice.

Grant that I may give of my time, talent and treasure in the service of the Lord with a heart full of love.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my motives for giving. Is it out of love for God incarnate in the poor and outcast? Or is it to be noticed? If the latter, pray for the attitude of the poor widow of the Gospel.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 21.5-11

No comments:

Post a Comment