Monday, November 1, 2010

11/01/10

Jn 6.37-40

Meditatio: “and this is the will of the One who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it [on] the last day.” Jn 6.39

Oratio: "O God, how kind You are to us!

I remember Jesus proclaimed that it is Your will that He should not lose anyone for whom He was sent but He should raise them on the last day - and certainly You would have sent him for Your children which we became at our baptism.

Grant that I may be always heartened by my joyful destiny.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the fact that Jesus was sent for me and out of gratitude resolve to live as a worthy child of the Father.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 14.25-33

No comments:

Post a Comment