Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11/16/10

Lk 19.11-28

Meditatio: “Then the other servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your gold coin; I kept it stored away in a handkerchief’.” Lk 19.20

Oratio: "O God, You give everyone talent of some sort and You rightly expect us to use it.

I remember Jesus told a parable about 10 servants who were each given a gold coin to invest while their master was away. One of the servants stored it for safe keeping and he was roundly condemned for doing so.

Grant that I may use the time and talent You give me to advance Your kingdom here.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect - What special gifts has God given me? Am I using them or am I keeping them in reserve? If the latter, determine where they are needed and begin to use them there.
Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 19.41-44

No comments:

Post a Comment