Sunday, December 30, 2012

1230.12

Lectio: 1 Jn 2.18-21
Meditatio: "But you have the anointing that comes from the Holy one, and you all have knowledge." 1 Jn 2.20

Oratio: "O God, You always looked after us and provided means for us to know You and love You.

I remember You sent Your prophets of old and then Your only Son so that we would have Your Spirit and come to know and love You.
Grant that I may be ever grateful for the anointing with Your Spirit at my baptism and always walk in His light.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "anointing"; a solemn blessing with oils; Chrism at Baptism, symbolizes the blessing with the Holy Spirit; in prayer ask for a faith that is enlivened with the Holy Spirit and live such a faith so that I may give honor and glory to my God.
Tomorrow's reading: LK 2.16-21

No comments:

Post a Comment