Thursday, December 20, 2012

12.20.12

Lectio: Sg 2.8-14
Meditatio: "My lover [God], speaks to me, ‘Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one, and come’!" Sg 2.10

Oratio: "O God, You love us with an everlasting love!

I remember in the Song of Songs, You are described as ‘lover’ and we are described as ‘beloved’, and ‘beautiful’ - what endearing terms!
Grant that I may never presume on Your love and bask always in it and love You the best I can.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "lover"; one who seeks the good of the other for the other’s sake and not for what one gets out of it; in prayer thank God for loving me so and seek the grace to return that love to the best of my ability by striving to live in accordance with the great law of love.
Tomorrow's reading: 1 Sm 1.24-28

No comments:

Post a Comment