Saturday, December 1, 2012

12.01.12

Lectio: Jer 33.14-16
Meditatio: "In those days, in that time, I will raise up for David a shoot; he shall do what is right and just in the Lord." Jer 33.15

Oratio: "O God, You are always there for us - even in the ultimate disaster - the end of the world.

I remember Your prophet, Jeremiah, proclaimed to the Jewish remnant a new age, in which Your Son, whose earthly lineage is of the House of David, will rule over us forever in a just and right way.
Grant that I may always strive to live justly and rightly and vigilantly and steadfast in the ways of the Lord so that I will not fear the end of time for I will be righteous in His sight.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "in those days"; a reference to the end of time and the ushering in of a new age; in prayer ask for the grace to live justly and rightly so that the end of time for me, whether at the end of my life; or at the end of the world; I may be found by You to be steadfast in Your ways and You will lead me in path way to eternal life.

Tomorrow's reading: Is 2.1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment