Sunday, December 23, 2012

12.23.12

Lectio: 2 Sm 7.1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16
   

Meditatio: "[Davie] Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me. Your throne shall stand firm forever." 2 Sm 16

Oratio: "O God, You promised Kind David and everlasting kingdom - and You kept Your promise!



I remember Your prophet, Nathan, told King David of Your promise and You sent Your Son in the fullness of time to bring about an everlasting kingdom in the line of King Davie.

Grant that I may rejoice in the traditions of my faith and be ever grateful that Your Son reigns forever over us.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.



Operatio: reflect on "forever"; unending; eternal; Jesus is the Son of David under the Jewish law of patrimony; in prayer thank God for sending His Son and for the grace to always accept His rule over me for He is truly our King and our Savior.

Tomorrow's reading: Is 14. 9.1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment