Monday, December 31, 2012

12.31.12

Lectio: LK 2.16-21

Meditatio: "And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart." Lk 2.19

Oratio: "O God, You know how important mothers are to their children.

I remember You gave Mary as the mother for Your Son and Mary gave Him a mother’s love throughout His life.

Grant that I may be ever grateful to You for giving me my mother and for giving me a double blessing as Mary my mother by grace.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

 
Operatio: reflect on "reflecting"; pondering; Mary didn’t brag about the events in her life but simple pondered them to discern their meaning and to keep these events alive in the memory of the church for its edification. In prayer may I spend quality time periodically reflecting the great events in salvation history and imitate Mary’s role of doing the will of the Father.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 1.19-28

No comments:

Post a Comment