Saturday, December 29, 2012



12.29.12
Lectio: 1 Sm 1.20-22, 24-28
Meditatio: "I [Hannah] prayed for this child [Samuel], and the Lord granted my request." 1 Sm 1.27

Oratio: "O God, You listen and answer our prayers.

I remember You answered the prayer of Hannah and she conceived and gave birth to a son.
Grant that I may imitate her gratitude and give Your gifts back to You in service.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

 
Operatio: reflect on "prayer"; lifting up of the mind and heart to God; formal or informal - both our effective; and ask for the grace to realize that I should pray with the attitude that all depend on You and work as though all depends on me and always give thanks for the gifts You bestow on me and for the grace to use my gifts in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment