Saturday, October 2, 2010

10/02/10

Lk 17.5-10

Meditatio: “Is he grateful to that servant because he did what was commanded?” Lk 17.9

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are so far above our ways.

I remember Jesus in a parable made it clear that doing our duty does not, as we would expect, put You in our debt. Yet in His mission He proclaimed Your mercy and forgiveness as Your gift to us - something we could never deserve.

Grant that my may always do my duty as Your child out of of love for You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my motives for doing my duties remembering love looks only to please the beloved.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 10.25-37

No comments:

Post a Comment