Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/10

Lk 18.9-14

Meditatio: “But the tax collector stood off at a distance and would not even raise his eyes to heaven but beat his breast and prayed, ‘O God, be merciful to me, a sinner’.” Lk 18.13

Oratio: "O God, You know us through and through and how unworthy we are - Yet You want us to approach you.

I remember Jesus told us how to approach You in telling a parable about a Pharisee and a tax collector who went up to the temple to pray.

Grant that I may never cease turning to You but always do so with humility like the tax collector.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I judge my self-worth. Do I base it on a comparison with others? If so, in prayer ask God’s help to judge my worth only on how well I am doing as His child and to accept myself with all my warts and lumps.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 13.10-17

I arrived home from retreat yesterday afternoon. It was good to be away and I did remember all of you in my prayers. I hope that this past week has been a good one for you and the weeks to come as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment