Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/10

Lk 13. 18-21

Meditatio: “The he (Jesus) said to them, ‘What is the kingdom of God like? To what can I compare it’?” Lk 13.18

Oratio: "O God, Your thoughts are not our thoughts.

I remember when Jesus posed the rhetorical question, ‘ What is the kingdom of like?’ He did not answer with an image of grandeur but rather He gave us the ‘mustard seed’ and the ‘yeast’ - two very small objects but which have great potential.

Grant that I may be like a tiny piece of yeast and leaven the world I touch with the power that is in me from hearing His words and receiving His sacraments.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on whether I am allowing God’s power to work through me in my daily activities so that the kingdom of God may truly be present here on earth.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 13.22-30

No comments:

Post a Comment