Monday, October 4, 2010

10/04/10

Lk 10.38-42

Meditatio: “The Lord said to her in reply, ‘Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things’.” Lk 10.41

Oratio: "O God, You know how easy it is for us to lose our focus - yet You patiently call us to refocus.

I remember Martha, welcomed Jesus into her home and immediately began to prepare a meal for him. But then she allowed the burden of serving to cause her to interrupt Jesus while He was teaching her sister, Mary.

Grant that I may learn as Martha eventually did and put my whole heart into whatever am doing for this is the way to holiness.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the anxieties that are in the background of my daily life and then turn them over to the Lord so that I can give my full attention to the work at hand.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment