Sunday, October 17, 2010

10/17/10

Lk 10.1-9

Meditatio: “Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among the wolves.”
Lk 10.3

Oratio: "O God, You have such good news for us - eternal life if we simply do Your will here on earth. Yet You know many will not be open to it and even resist it.

I remember Jesus recognized this when He sent 72 disciples to spread the good news to the towns He would visit for He told them He was sending them ‘like lambs among the wolves.’

Grant that I may persevere in spreading the good news and not become discouraged because of the minimum results.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: I will reflect on my efforts to spread the good news and determine to what extent discouragement is holding me back. To extent it is, to resolve to put my trust in the Lord and work through this aversion knowing the mission is the Lord’s I am only His instrument.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 12.35-38

No comments:

Post a Comment