Monday, October 18, 2010

10/18/10

Lk 12.35-38

Meditatio: “and be like servants who await their master’s return from a wedding, ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks.” Lk 12.36

Oratio: "O God, You know the human heart and how easy it is for us be distracted from important things.

I remember Jesus warned His disciples to be vigilant for His second coming like servants who should always be ready when their master returns and regardless of the time - day or night.

Grant that I may heed Your Son’s warning and be vigilant about those tasks I am given for doing my duty is the best way to be vigilant for His coming.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Christ’s second coming. How am I preparing for it? Am I faithful to the duties I am given? Does Jesus’ second coming impact on how I am living? It is an article of our faith and I need to keep it in the forefront not with fear and boding but with love and joyful anticipation.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 12.39-48

I will be leaving on retreat today and I will resume the distribution of Lectio upon my return and I will remember all of you in my prayers during my retreat. God bless all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment