Thursday, October 7, 2010

10/06/10

Lk 11.5-13

Meditatio: “If you, who are wicked, now how to give good things to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give to the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”
Lk 11.13

Oratio: "O God, You have so many good gifts for us which You will give us for the asking.

I remember Jesus told the parable about persistence in prayer and if we would, You would give us the greatest gift - Your Holy Spirit.

Grant that I may ask and seek from You all good things knowing as a good Father, You will give what is best for me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, reflect on my prayers. Do I persist like a child? Do I expect to receive like a child? Do I trust God like a child trusts his Father? If not, begin to do so.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.15-26

10/07/10

Lk 11.15-26

Meditatio: “But if it is by the finger of God that [I] drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” Lk 11.20

Oratio: "O God, You know how slow we are to accept the obvious - but You continue to reveal Yourself to us in the obvious.

I remember Jesus in response to the crowds’ question as to the source of His power to casst out demons, He made it logically clear and convincing that it was by Your power.

Grant that I may be always open to the myriad ways You are at work and give You thanks and praise for Your patience with us.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect ln the events of the past week and try to identify God’s finger in it so that the next time it happens I will be immediately aware of God at work and give Him the thanks and praise He is due.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment