Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/05/10

Lk 11.1-4

Meditatio: “He (Jesus) said to them, ‘When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come’.” Lk 11.2

Oratio: "O God, prayer is the lifting up of our hearts and minds to You.

I remember Jesus stressed this when He taught His disciples ‘The Our Father’ when they asked Him to teach them how to pray.
Grant that I may use my prayer time first and foremost for You and then for the needs of my loved ones, those who have asked for my prayers and my own needs.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, repeat the ‘Our Father’ slowly and meditate on its elements of it and then reflect on how I routinely pray and, to the extent I have my priorities wrong, to change the ‘How’ or the ‘What’ of my prayers.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.5-13

No comments:

Post a Comment