Monday, October 11, 2010

10/11/10

Lk 11.37-41

Meditatio: “But as to what is within, give alms, and behold, everything will be clean for you.” Lk 37.41

Oratio: "O God, You know attachment to material things keeps us from You.

I remember Jesus made this point when He told His diner host, a Pharisee, to ‘give alms’ and ‘everything will be clean for you’ in response to His host’s concern over Jesus failure to perform the prescribed washing of hands before eating.

Grant that I may use ‘things’ in a way which supports my journey to You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on the role material things play in my life; and to the extent ‘things’ are my hearts desire, to increase my charity as an antidote.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.42-46

No comments:

Post a Comment