Sunday, October 3, 2010

10/03/10

Lk 10.25-37

Meditatio: “But because he (the law scholar) wished to justify himself, he said to Jesus, ‘And who is my neighbor?’

Oratio: "O God, You, who are almighty and above all, prefer love over proper protocoal from us.

I remember Jesus answered the law scholar’s question of ‘And who is my neighbor?’ with the parable of the Good Samaritan which showed the mercy of one who was despised by the Jew was preferred over the legalism of the Priest and Levite who passed by the victim because if they touched blood, they would be ritually unclean.

Grant that ‘Love’ may always be my guide in serving You by serving my neighbor.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on what is the primary motive for my actions? Is it love or is it duty? If the latter, strive to impregnate it with love so as to best serve my God.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 10.38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment