Saturday, October 9, 2010

10/09/10

Lk 17.11-19

Meditatio: “Has none but a foreigner returned to give thanks to God? Lk 17.18

Oratio: "O God, we are often thoughtless and ungrateful for all You do.

I remember Jesus cured ten lepers, nine Jews and one Samaritan, and none of the Jews returned to give Him thanks - what a travesty!

Grant that I may always have a grateful heart and acknowledge daily all You have have done and are doing for me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: The daily participation in the Eucharist is itself a liturgy of thanksgiving. Resolve, in my participation to specifically to say “Thank You, God” for all your gifts and graces.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.29-32

No comments:

Post a Comment