Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/12/10

Lk 11.42-46

Meditatio: “And he ( Jesus) said, ‘Woe also to you scholars of the law! You impose on people burdens hard to carry, but you yourselves do lift one finger to touch them’.”
Lk 11.46

Oratio: "O God, to know You, is to love You and Your creation.

I remember Jesus upbraided the scholars of the law for using Your law to burden Your people rather than using it to help them on their way to You.

Grant that I may always apply Your law with a generous touch of love and mercy.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on my dealings with others. Am I judgmental? Am I helpful? Resolve to do my best to make the burdens of others lighter even if all I can do is only a little bit.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 11.47-54

No comments:

Post a Comment