Thursday, October 28, 2010

10/27/10

Lk 6. 12-16

Meditatio: “In those days he departed to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer to God.” Lk 6.12

Oratio: "O God, You want us to be in relationship with You.

I remember Your Son showed us how - He spent time in prayer before all important decisions or phase in His public ministry.

Grant that I may imitate Jesus and make prayer an important part of my daily life.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Examine my prayer life. Is it drawing me into an intimate relationship with God? If not, ask the Holy Spirit for a humble and contrite heart and God will not reject me but take delight in me.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 14. 1-6

10/28/10

Lk 14. 1-6

Meditatio: “The he said to them, ‘Who among you, if your son or an ox falls into a cistern, would not immediately pull him out on the sabbath day’?” Lk 14.5

Oratio: "O God, You propose wise laws, but man disposes of them by their implementation in ways which are not always Your intent.

I remember You proposed that we keep holy the sabbath day but man determined that you must not even heal on the sabbath as that is work. Gratefully, Your Son corrected this by h healing in full view of a leading Pharisee and his dinner guests a man suffering with the dropsy.

Grant that I may keep in the spirit of the law and not just the letter of the law as I try to apply them and live by them.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I view the commandments and the laws of the church. Resolve to keep in mind that the needs of people take precedent over comply with the letter of the law.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 14.7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment