Saturday, October 16, 2010

10/16/10

Lk 18. 1-8

Meditatio: “Will not God secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer?

Oratio: "O God, You know how often we do not persevere in the things that matter. Yet You have great patience with us.

I remember Jesus told his disciples a parable of a widow and an unjust judge to bring home the point of the necessity for them to persist in prayer and with assurance that You, who are a just judge, will certainly answer promptly and give them their rights.

Grant that I may learn and apply the lesson of this parable and persist in my prayers for that is Your due and my duty and my sure hope.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on my prayer life and purge any elements which are inconsistent with Jesus’ teaching about persistent prayer and confidence in my prayers and the object of my prayers.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 10.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment