Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/13/10

Lk 11.47-54

Meditatio: “Woe to you, scholars of the law! You have taken away the key of knowledge. You yourselves did not enter and you stopped those trying to enter.” Lk 11.52

Oratio: "O God, how often we frustrate Your plans!

I remember You wanted people to know You and enter Your rest but the scholars You sent to enlighten the people as to the way did not do their job.

Grant that I may do Your will and be a source of salvation to others that You had in mind for me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on my baptismal dignity and how well I am performing my role to be “Christ for others” - to show them the “Way, the Truth and the Life” revealed by Your Son.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 12.1-7

10/14/10

Lk 12. 1-7

Meditatio: “Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows.” Lk 12.7

Oratio: "O God, how incredible is Your concern for u s who are so insignificant when compared to the universe You created.

I remember Jesus revealed that You are so concerned for us that ‘even the hairs of our head are counted.’

Grant that I may be always grateful and rejoice in Your wonderful love.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on the last 24 hours and identify where God’s loving concern was at work in my life and then thank Him for his gracious love.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 12.8-12

No comments:

Post a Comment