Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lectio 7.04.13

7.04.13

Lectio: Mt 9.9-13                                          

Meditatio: "Go, and learn the meaning of the words, I ]Jesus] desire mercy, not sacrifice’.”
Mt 9.13a           

Oratio: "O God, You are so kind to us and are so concerned for us even though You deserve top billing.

I remember Your son declared that He wanted us to show mercy rather than offer sacrifice as our priorities in relating to You.

Grant that I may always give praise, worship and show my love for You by showing compassion for those whose lives I touch for that is what You want most from me.      

I ask all things in the name of Jesus who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplation: spend a few moments in silence and reflect on the selected passage and its import for you.

Operatio: reflect on "mercy”; kindness towards others who don’t deserve it; compassion is the best way for it literally meanings to suffer with the other in their difficulties and act kindly towards them regardless of merit; in prayer thank God for the His compassionate mercy that He always shows to us; and let us seek the grace to be a compassionate person in all matters and especially since it gives praise to God.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 9.14-17   

Happy Fourth of July!             


No comments:

Post a Comment